The day office is a relatively new term in office real estate, but it's gaining popularity especially among more new companies preferring flex or hybrid workplace policies.
The days of spending five days inside an office is a thing of the past for many early stage companies. The result of realized behaviour post-pandemic, diverse talent pool in other parts of the country (or world!), and better tech for working together asynchronously, many small and growing businesses have either decided to shed their leases or shrink their footprint to be more purposeful with their in-person meetings and realize lease cost savings.
So the need for day offices (also, flex offices or fractional HQs) rose -- versatile, on-demand workspaces designed to accommodate a variety of styles, purpose and preferences.
We explore three quintessential types of day offices and delve into the differences that make each unique.
The Corporate Retreat
The Corporate Retreat day office is designed to provide a serene and distraction-free environment for a team seeking solitude and focus. These day offices - also called, offsites - are often located in quiet and picturesque settings, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Features of the Corporate Retreat day office include:
- Secluded Locations: These day offices are often situated in tranquil settings, such as in the countryside, near a lake, or in a peaceful forested area.
- Minimalist Design: The interior is designed with simplicity in mind, featuring clean lines, neutral colours, and ergonomic furniture to promote concentration.
- Nature Views: Large windows offer breathtaking views of nature, allowing occupants to take a break and recharge their creativity by connecting with the outdoors.
- Minimal Distractions: These day offices may come equipped with noise-cancelling rooms and limited access to technology to help your team focus without distractions.
The Urban Hub
The Urban Hub day office caters to the needs of companies who thrive in the heart of the city's business and social scene (i.e.: ecom, fintech, etc.). This type of day office is strategically located in the central business district or trendy neighbourhoods. Key characteristics of the Urban Hub day office include:
- Prime Location: You'll find these day offices in the midst of the urban jungle, often within walking distance of major business centres, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Modern Amenities: Urban Hubs are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, high-speed internet, and ergonomic furnishings to meet the demands of modern work.
- Collaborative Spaces: These day offices often offer collaborative workspaces, meeting rooms, and breakout rooms to facilitate connections simultaneously between various teams in a company.
- Energetic Work Atmosphere: Expect a dynamic and energetic atmosphere, made possible by large open workspace areas that allow for anyone to mingle easily with each other
The Cozy Corner
The Cozy Corner day office is perfect for those seeking a warm and inviting atmosphere that combines the comforts of home with the functionality of a workspace. This type of day office is ideal for companies in the creative field (i.e.: mobile app games), and who appreciate a relaxed environment. Key features of the Cozy Corner day office include:
- Homey Decor: The interior is designed with cozy furnishings, soft lighting, and a touch of personalization to create a homely ambiance.
- Flexibility: Cozy Corners often offer a variety of seating options, from comfortable sofas to bean bags, allowing occupants to choose their ideal workspace.
- Amenities: You can expect amenities like a well-stocked kitchenette, coffee machine, and even board games or relaxation spaces for short breaks.
- Quiet Productivity: While these day offices are cozy, they are still designed to facilitate productivity, with reliable Wi-Fi and a peaceful atmosphere.
Day offices come in a variety of flavours to cater to the diverse needs and preferences of today's companies. Whether you prefer a serene retreat, a bustling urban environment, or a cozy corner to work from, there's a day office out there designed just for your team. The key is to choose the one that aligns with your huddle purpose and workstyles, and helps you make the most of your productive "in-office" hours.
Get in touch to inquire more about spaces featured in this blog, or to rent any of these day offices - or others you'd want to discover - for the day.